DJ Mix Improver
Interactive cheatsheet for harmonic + modulation mixes & key adjustments
A tool to create more interesting &
Handy interactive overview (per key) shows which other keys can be mixed with it.
App also indicates in which key the track would play if you shift the key to -2,
-1 or +1, +2.
For every DJ, beginner or advanced, this can be useful if you:
- are mixing and want to see what other keys could go well with the playing track
- are mixing and
want to know what effect you can achieve as 'director of your own movie' / set
- are creating a playlist / set in advance
- want to make a mashup and estimate in advance which track could go with another one;
or by applying key adjustments
- no more hassling around with too-much-information full key charts printed out or remembering the 'rules'
HOW TO USE
1. Swipe to the key value your track
is playing in
2. Decide which track you want to play next, based on the key and transition effect you want to achieve
3. Tap on the transition effect or, adjust the key of your upcoming track knowing upfront
which key your track will be played in
Key notation style: Select your favorite key notation style, whether that's Camelot Key, Open Key or Musical Key
more about the key transitions including video demo examples + tutorial
Fully customizable: It's up to you which sections - harmonic, modulation or key adjustments - you want to show
Theme: Toggle between Bright or Dark theme to fit your environment lightning
Based on the circle of fifths and consensus within the DJ community.